Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What happened to the Masks they used to put on the back of Corn Flakes boxes?






I was looking for some artwork for a print job the other day. My wife did a search and an old Mask from the back of a Corn Flakes box popped up. About 50 memories from my childhood came flooding in. We use to love those things! The were a great gimmick. It would force me to pick out the blandest, most boring, most shit flavored cereal in the whole sugary isle. Now that is mind control! Anything that can get a kid to eat healthy has to be a powerful thing. My folks would make me eat them to before we could go back and get new cereal. The sad thing by the next time I would go back there would be a new mask, so I would stay the Fruity Pebbles until the next time. The Star Wars ones were pretty popular at the time with my brother and me. So this post is for the Marketing Genius of the Cereal box designers.

9 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger jungle jane said...

I remember setting fire to the neighbour's barn when i was a kid. Oh, what different childhoods we had!

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Bloodgood said...

Thanks for the pop by as you can see I have gotten so much traffic.
I stuck a stick up a cat's ass and threw rocks at a squirel tell it fell off the phone line, does that count. These weren't my finner moments. I still feel bad about the squirel. Never been a big fan of cats.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger jungle jane said...

I stuck a stick up your exhausted pipe because i have never been fond of scooters...;-)

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Bloodgood said...

Hey I have 2 cats. One is fat and the other is completely dumb. I'm not a big fan of Corn Dogs or Corn Cats. It was just something mean we did as kids. I have paid my penance my 2 mongrels keep me inline. Its the little things they do that drive me nuts. Like when Im reading, why do they have sit right in the middle of the paper? Also no matter how many times I tell them to stay off the counter it doesn't help they wait until they think Im not lookin and then up they go. My dog has it figured out.

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Squirrles are sacred to me.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Bloodgood said...

Well Mr. Hand you may have scared off 2 of your 4 visitors in less than 2 days. As it turns out I have been busted twice for something I did when I was 5, and my house is going to be blown up. HMMMMM....I wonder if they'll call PETA.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

They used to put toys in the box. I can remember selecting cereal that tasted like shit but had a cool toy in the box.

Ahh...those were the days.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Bloodgood said...

Hey Flamingo, Im doin some last minute blogging before bed.
Those were definetley the days.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger DorianGray1854 said...

I like instant oatmeal:-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home