Thursday, February 16, 2006

Am I Crazy????

+ =

Being the head of the PDX chapter of the Pink Flamingo MC has great responsibility!
Since I dont have a regular size bike, I have to make up for it by being a diehard.
I woke up this morning to Frost on the ground and road. So I decided to bundle up in my snowboarding pants and heavy coat and ride 7 miles into town at 7:00am this morning. I was a little worried about riding conditions, cause I over inflated my tires to get more speed out of my scoot. With a little frost on the road and the possibility of black ice, it was a tad on the dangerous side, but I headed out.
I had to do this, I just modified my scoot yesterday with imported Japanese parts.
YAY!!! I got 5mph more out of her, that is alot on a scooter.
Now I have to ride home but the temp is increasing outside so it wont be that bad.
Oregon like many of the northern US states got hit with a cold front. Its a little unusual for us to be in the twenties. But I can rest better knowing that I moved here from Iowa and they are experiencing below zerO weather.

9 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

Sometimes you have to sacrifice for the good of the Flock.

You kick ass!!! Keep on keepin on.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Bloodgood said...

I need some theme music.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger jungle jane said...

nothing is more humiliating than taking a slide on black ice. impossible to retain one's dignity. impossible.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger josh williams said...

If you have any knobs on those tires, screw some self taping square headed screws into them,(Sheet metal screws) it will make all the differance in the world. Yes you are crazy. Peace Trails JW

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

Yo... I think it's good that you still rode, despite the temps.

In Corvallis, I managed to ride the recumbent bike around 11 AM and all was good. A scarf was needed.

I want a bike like yours.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Bloodgood said...

JJ, I couldnt agree more, and i think it would be twice as hard to keep any dignity being that Im on a scooter.

JW, not a bad idea


Cralls, right on! A scarf was definetly needed! You should check ebay sometimes people are selling them dirt cheap.

Mad Dog, I love you, but you are a bastard. :)

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger PDD said...

Yes. Yes, you are hot Mad Dog.

So when are you boys taking me for a ride??

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger DorianGray1854 said...

Mad Dog and Bloodgood, you are both bastards you need to quit you bitching it was -4 degrees here today---> i'mgonna put two snow balls in the freezer at hit you with them next time your around to visit!!

 
At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do they make chains for scooters?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home