Saturday, March 04, 2006

Jane do you know this guy??



Australian man rescued from washing machine.
SYDNEY, Australia (AP) — A man had to be rescued after becoming wedged in a washing machine while playing a game with his children, a newspaper reported Tuesday.
A fire officer pulled Robin Toom, 38, out of the machine after Toom became trapped while playing hide-and-seek, according to Sydney's Daily Telegraph.
"I just hopped in there and couldn't even get the lid down and the kids came in and said, 'Ha, ha! We found you,'" Toom told the newspaper.
Toom, of the Queensland city of Townsville, waited for an hour with his knees pressed to his chest before being rescued by local fire squad member Dave Dillon, the paper reported.
Rather than dismantling the washer, Dillon reached into the machine and pulled out Toom's wedged foot.
Toom said he planned to change the rules of hide-and-seek for his children.
"I hope they don't go hiding in any washing machines now," he said.
Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Man rescued from washer1/10/2006 1:34 PMSYDNEY, Australia-->

8 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger jungle jane said...

What do you expect from a guy with a name like a Tomb?

man...that is one ace excuse for not going to work - getting your kids to ring in and saying that you are stuck in the washing machine....

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Bloodgood said...

Jane-
Im glad you were first to comment!!
Is that funny shit or what.
The kids should have turned it on.
When I was a kid my dad fell off our 2 story house spraying wasps. As he layed on the ground with his arm crushed into several pieces, my brother and I stood there laughing at him. He got mad at us and made us go next door to get help. Then the ambulance came and carried him away. I was only five(I know better now) and thought that was funny and my dad was seriously hurt, his arm is partially paralized. If I was those kids man I would have shit myself.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger jungle jane said...

My God Bloodgood that story makes me love your brother even more. when he marries me i am going to throw myself off the roof just to amuse him...

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger PDD said...

I crawled into a dryer once.

I was just happy that I could fit in one.

I am not as stupid as Tomb though.

Sorry about your father. I remember when I was five years. I wasn't that inconsiderate.

Your lucky your dad didn't throw you out the widow when he recovered from his accident.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger PDD said...

Just wanted to stop by and see if you were on-line.

We definitely have to do the online thing again. You and your cousin are just too damn cute not to.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger wallycrawler said...

I was stupid enough to get locked in a dryer once , college prank .

Hang on I didn't go to college . That was my brother !

What Brother ? I don't have a brother !

Never mind .

Sorry I've had memory loss ever since I was locked in a dryer during a college stunt .

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger ing said...

While he was in the machine, it might have been considerate of him to throw in some detergent and take a spin . . . After being so heinously trapped, I'm sure he stank to high heaven. Nervous perspiration and all that.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Bloodgood said...

Morning,

PDD, I do feel bad about the whole incident with my dad. It was funny seeing him fly through the air.
We definetly have to do the chatroom thing again. I have a package Im sending to Flmg and Im sure he will want to show it to all of you.

Wally, I share in your dementia. I think it is something that is going around.

Ing, people are so inconsiderate. If it would have been me, I would have rinsed it out and done a load. Well atleast rinse it out, I havent done my own laundry in 3 years. I dont know if I'm proud of this fact or not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home