Tuesday, March 07, 2006

PDX LINDY EXCHANGE SUN MAR. 5


On Sunday, the wife and I went swing dancing for the first time.
We printed T-shirts for a group called PDX LINDY EXCHANGE, and they were hosting
a nationwide swing dance festival over the weekend.
They gave us a set of comp tickets to the event wich included an hour long lesson and
a 20 piece swing band, hosted at the Crystal Ballroom.

Crystal Ballroom


I am such a bad dancer its not even funny. I play music but I have never tried moving to it before. We started off my wife and I dancing together. Then they made us switch partners about 20 times. I was so nervous when we had to this because we had to be paired up with all skill levels. I tried to make small talk, to make up for my lack of grace, but I'm pretty sure they all saw through it. However I did not step on anyones toes, I was looking at my feet the whole time. I would forget to listen to the beat and get completely out o time. I was also embarassed because a couple of swingers wore busty dresses and since I was looking at my feet it was mistaken for a glance at their chests more then once. Not that I wouldn't occasionally peek at that, its just when your face to face, its not proper dance etiquette. Over all it was a great time and the band was awesome. I believe Im going to continue my swing dance career and get a little more practice before I go to another event.

17 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

That is cool! It sounds like it was a blast. I like the music and dancing to it sounds like it would be fun.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger jungle jane said...

switching partners sounds cool. did you have to drop your car keys into a bowl first??

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

Jane! Sounds like you've done a little "swing dancing" before.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Bloodgood said...

It was alot of fun. I seriously suck! Why Cant I dance? Why???

I didnt have to drop my car keys in a bowl, but it was funny, by the time Mrs.Bloodgood got back around to be my partner again, another lady was trying to help me get the steps down and made her move on to the next person. Hahaha.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger ing said...

Yep, there were "keys" involved. Was Mrs. Bloodgood getting an eyeful of chesty-hairs? Mmmm-mmmm.

I, too, suck at dancing. I do like to salsa dance, here in the Mission, though I'm told that I need to cool it in the hip region. It's not, I guess, an ass-wiggling contest. Opes!

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

Ing, in my world, everything is an ass wiggling contest. Wiggle that ass!!!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger PDD said...

Bloodgood:
You are such a cutie! I always say, "I would love for swing dance to be popular at bars and clubs, like a normal thing everyone does." I LOVE SWING DANCE. And I love the music. Keep up the good work. I am sure you are better than you think.

Janey:
We have to talk...

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger jungle jane said...

oh well i read that in a book somewhere. about the key thing. that's it - it was in some book. on the internet. i think.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Bloodgood said...

Ing, Salsa sounds like fun! Never stop wiggling your ass, one day it may not be there to wiggle. I think Beck should put out a Dance instructional video.

FLMG, I declare you to be the offical ass wigglin judge. Once you find some tens, send them my way for final inspection.

PDD, thanks! I agree, I love Heather Graham and Jon Fauvre
at the end of swingers. I want to be that cool.

Jane, we can still play with keys if you would like. It will be fun to watch people trying to go home.

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I nearly shed a tear over that picture...sniffle.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger josh williams said...

I swing bang and scat to the beat in the shower on occasion just until the hot water runs out. Dancing out of the question, only with a six shooter firing at my feet.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger PDD said...

TAG! You're it. For further info go to my site.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Pixie Sprinkle said...

*perk* did somebody say scat?

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Bloodgood said...

Sausage, I will try to be alittle more sensitive when posting Pics of PDX. Maybe I get some pics from under the bridges or something so it looks like your not missing much.

JW, I had a six shooter at my feet, her name Mrs. Bloodgood, otherwise I would probably just listen to the band. I have to say, it was fun.

PDD, thanks, I will be over in a bit.

Carla, you are just hot.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

You have been tagged mutha fuckah

now go to my site for the rules and regulations regarding your tagaliciousness.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger jungle jane said...

Fuck. first Bloodgood gets to go swinging and now he gets tagged. it's all party-party-party at Bloodgood's house it seems.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Bloodgood said...

Thanks FLMG, I will work on it tonight.

Jane, its only a party if your there, all the other times its more of a get together.

French dude, that is a problem, at least its not as bad as the Capt's problem. Hes only 10inches tall and made of plastic. But the ladies seem to love him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home